CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29

Favourite Dish

I love chicken curry. Especially my Mummy's. This is a recipe I learnt from her, of course.


* Into hot oil; add star anise, cardamom pods, cloves and cinnamon.

*Add shallots, garlic, ginger, chili (all blended together), lemon grass and few curry leaves right after. Saute for 5 mins, then add in chicken parts and potatoes. Let it simmer.

*Next, pour in the mixture of curry powder (3 tbsp of Baba's curry powder in a cup of hot water) and add additional water, to your liking.

* After 10 mins, pour 1/4 coconut milk, one tsp of 'kerisik', 3 tbsp of tamarind juice (air asam jawa) and a pinch of salt.

My brother always say I make yummier curry than Mummy. awwh! This recipe makes for four. I like my curry to be less creamy and watery. Add more water and coconut milk if you like it otherwise.

2 comments:

~Serenity~ said...

wow..so details.i always make cincai curry.no kerisik n cinnamon etc..but this recipe help me lots la...want to change my cincai method of cooking,for the future of cos..hehe..more recipes ein...!!!

Ein said...

haha lawak la kau ni lepat!! ;p no problemo. nanti aku bg recipe lg! :)