CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 28

Kampung-ku

My brother just got back from Sibu. As reminded, he did bring me the green coloured liquid that I so wanted. Air pisang. It does not assuage one's thirst, but it did a great deal of quenching my missing its savoury sweetness.
The last time I went to Sibu was in 2000, the year my grandmother passed away. You see, my nenek's place is far from sumptuous. So plain and nearing dilapidation was her house that it would quiver every time the bus passes by. "Rumah kayu, atas sungai" is the perfect description of her house. No kidding, her house was built and firmly structured in the muddy Sungai Rajang. You can actually dismantle the wooden flooring and fish from the rooms, just as what my brother did some years back.
As much as it is shaky during the day and eerily illuminated at night, this is the place where my Mother grew up. And the place where my siblings and I enjoy being in during the school holidays. See, the grass is indeed greener in Sarawak!

0 comments: