CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 27

A brimful day.

Owing to the rarity of my stepping out of this house, today's experience was rather quaint. In the morning, I accompanied my two friends, Ayu and Adila to attend a funeral of a second cousin of theirs who passed on due to a debilitating disease. It was undubitably a bleak morning, and it saddened me to know that the deceased's only child is barely two years old. The latter did not have an inkling of whatever that was going on, incessantly munching his crakers, falling into oblivion as any child would. It has been six years since I last attended a funeral so it did a good deal of reminding me to cherish everyone near and dear to us always, for the the grim reaper would not be seen knocking on our doors before returning our souls to the One above. Al-Fatihah.

Come afternoon, after leaving the arwah's house, we got into a desultory conversation, 'nak pegi mane?'. It might seem inconceivable to wander elsewhere after attending a funeral. But wander elsewhere we did, and our feet brought us to the National Museum. The majestic building loomed up before us as we ascended the stairs. I was psyched as it was a second visit for me, the first was way in 1986, when I too as a child would have obviously fallen into oblivion then. It was ok, so-so, nothing new to tell. Except for the derisive fact that almost all the baju kurung-wearing mannequins' faces were covered up with pantyhoses. Is it somewhat of a custom in our malay culture? I think not. Incidentally, Datuk Seri Rais Yatim should be able to enlighten us on the acceptable apparel for us all.

Lastly, we headed to KLCC to exchange our local currency with that of Japan's. Again, never would I thought I would be bothered to be engrossed with the fast altering 'buys' of the currencies displayed on the board. Not until today that is. We rushed to the first counter to deal with the broker-like lady. no luck. Rushing to the other end of the mall, we managed to secure quite a good deal with the broker-like man. Exhausted, we agreed to head home. See, today was indeed brimful. Owing to the fluidity of human behaviour, it is possible for one to be caught up with fast-changing emotions, and as it would be, it has for me. If you are wondering, why RM to Yen, rest assured, I am not leaving Malaysia for Japan. My friend Adila is, to meet her husband. joy! :)

0 comments: